Here’s a clone that seems to have significantly better specs than the original. In fact, on paper, this is pretty much the 4k waterproof Theta that people have been asking for.
- two 210 fisheye lens
- Photo resolution: 16 megapixels (approximately the same as that of the LG 360 Cam)
- Video resolution: 3840 x 1920 (higher than the LG 360 Cam’s 2560 x 1280)
- Waterproof up to 3 meters even without an external housing (vs. LG 360 Cam is not waterproof)
- Wi-Fi control via smartphone app
- Micro SD up to 128GB (compared with up to 2TB for the LG 360 Cam).
- Built-in 1200 mAh Li-On battery
- HDMI high-definition output
With its 4k video resolution and waterproof capabilities, plus its slim form factor (with less parallax stitching error) this 360 camera looks like a formidable contender, at least based on specs. You could even argue that these specs and form factor are pretty much the 4k version of the Ricoh Theta that everyone has been waiting for.
I don’t know yet the [retail] pricing or availability nor do I have samples yet.