The Insta360 Pro is an amazing camera, and the marketing materials can’t even capture all of its remarkable features (partly because Insta360 keeps adding new features!). Here are 17 undocumented features of the Insta360 Pro. Since there are so many of them, I tried to group them into Photo, Video and live streaming, and both Photo and Video.
1. 60 second shutter speed. It has full manual exposure and you can specify a shutter speed as slow as 60 seconds — slow enough to capture night sky photos.
3. The intervalometer / time lapse can be for 3D not just 2D.
4. Stitched 360 Photos in Raw format. The Insta360 Pro specs do tell you that you can take shots in Raw (other manufacturers interpret that to simply mean unstitched). These are real Camera Raw photos with full flexibility for white balance adjustment and maximum exposure latitude. But perhaps you’re worried about whether Insta360 is using a proprietary Raw format that will take months for Adobe to add to Photoshop and Lightroom. I’m happy to say it uses Adobe DNG format!
So what do you do with the DNG photos? Convert them into JPG and then stitch the converted JPGs? Nah, that would have been any other 360 camera company. This is Insta360’s approach: it will stitch the DNG photos into a 360 photo… which will also be in Adobe DNG raw format! In 2D or 3D. BAM!
VIDEO AND LIVE STREAMING
5. High speed 4K 120fps video (not just 100fps).
6. 4K 3D 60fps video.
8. You know Insta360 Pro is the only professional 360 camera with built-in gyro stabilization. What you might not know is that gyro stabilization works even for in-camera stitched videos and for live streaming!
10. The Insta360 Pro can live stream (in 2D or 3D). But in addition, the live stream can also be recorded at the same time (it can save the individual video of each lens and/or the stitched 360 video).
BOTH PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
12. Individual exposure per lens. Besides auto and full manual exposure, Insta360 can also set an individual exposure per lens to maximize dynamic range. For example, if one lens is facing a sunlit scene while another is facing the shadow, you don’t need to find a compromise — the exposure for each lens can be set independently. You can then blend the exposure in post processing.
14. A related feature is that if you record with in-camera stitching at 4K, you can nonetheless get 5K resolution if you restitch the video on a desktop.
15. You can record to a portable USB 3.0 hard drive for economical high capacity storage.
16. The Insta360 Pro package includes a water resistant hardcase with custom foam cutouts (similar to a Pelican 1450 case).
– Insta360 online store. In the promotion code box during checkout, use the referral code: IRPUI4C
– B&H Photo.If you do buy through these links please let me know (send me a screenshot via email or facebook.com/360rumors). I know the Insta360 Pro is a significant investment and as a thank you for supporting the site, I will add you to a secret 360 Rumors VIP Facebook group and give you priority for responding to your questions and requests!