You can create a fully interactive 360 video virtual tour for real estate or education, or to create an interactive story – no programming required! Here’s how.
Veer just launched a new feature enabling you to create 360 videos with hotspots. This opens a new way for creating fully interactive 360 videos. Although there are some virtual tour software that can add hotspots to 360 videos, Veer is the first to create a completely web-based interface with free hosting.
A 360 video tour with hotspots has many possible applications, such as:
– a fully interactive 360 video virtual tour for real estate
– a 360 video virtual tour for construction showing how the project evolves over time, or to compare before and after photos and videos
– an educational virtual field trip for students, especially because it is free
– a choose your own adventure type 360 video story with multiple endings
– and because the virtual tour can be edited after publishing, it can be used as a “living” virtual tour that changes over time, such as a 360 video vlog.
Here is a sample 360 video virtual tour:
Here is the tutorial:
Try it out – it’s totally free forever for all the features shown in the tutorial: http://bit.ly/freevirtualtour
If you don’t have a 360 camera yet, you can practice with these sample files: http://bit.ly/virtualtourpractice (for personal use only).
The feature is very new so there are bugs here and there. I also found that the compression is quite aggressive and results in noticeable loss of image quality, especially for videos. Also, occasionally, the video virtual won’t play until you click on the timeline, or sometimes, it won’t play smoothly.
Notwithstanding the bugs, this is a very impactful “new” medium for the 360 industry. Hopefully, we’ll see more 360 video virtual tour platforms!