How would you like to a way to use the Insta360 One R vertical battery more quickly, with better safety, and with additional features? Here’s a hands-on preview of the Ulanzi cage for the One R Vertical Battery.
The Insta360 One R vertical battery is an accessory that enables you use the One R vertically. Its primary purpose is to use the One R with the Aerial Edition or with the Dive Case. However, several users prefer this vertical form factor. However, the One R vertical battery does have some disadvantages:
- The One R with vertical battery can easily fall apart unless it is held together by the vertical battery bumper, a plastic frame that goes around the One R with vertical battery.
- The vertical battery bumper is a bit inconvenient to install and remove.
- The vertical battery bumper blocks access to the USB port.
- The vertical battery does have a passthrough USB port but the port is only for charging and cannot be used for data transfer, nor can it be used with the microphone adapter.
- Cannot access the Micro SD card without removing the vertical bumper and vertical battery.
Here’s a hands-on preview by Yuqing Guo. The first part is about the vertical battery base. The second part is about the cage.
The Ulanzi cage has several features:
- It is easy to install or remove.
- The USB port is accessible, unlike the vertical battery bumper.
- There are two cold shoes for accessories such as LED lights or microphones.
- It has a metal 1/4-20 tripod hole.
According to Yuqing, the cage will be available in a few weeks. I look forward to it and will be ordering one for myself.