You can now view Insta360 One X and Insta360 EVO photos and videos wirelessly on Oculus Go or Samsung Gear VR with the Insta360 VR app, which will be available on or around March 26. Here is how to use it.
Insta360VR is a new app for Samsung Gear VR and Oculus Go that enables you to view your One X or EV photos wirelessly on Oculus Go or Gear VR without having to stitch the files or copy them. Insta360 VR can also view photos and videos from other cameras so long as they are in equirectangular format. You can download Insta360 VR for free from the Oculus store (search “Insta360”).
1. Turn on your Insta360 One X or Insta360 EVO, and your Oculus Go. Connect your Oculus Go or phone wirelessly to the One X or EVO Wi-Fi signal.
– For Samsung Gear VR: connect your phone Wi-Fi to the One X or EVO Wi-Fi signal; or
– From the Oculus Go smartphone app, go to Settings and tap on your headset. You’ll then have the option to change the Wi-Fi connection. Select the One X or EVO’s Wi-Fi; or
– From within the Oculus Go: go to Settings, choose Wi-Fi and select the One X or EVO’s Wi-Fi.
2. Launch Insta360 VR.
3. On the left side of the Insta360 VR screen, you’ll see two options:
Watch Local Files: enables you to view photos and videos in your phone. To use this, copy the photos and videos into the Insta360VR folder
Watch Camera Files: watch photos and videos directly from One X or EVO. Use this option to view the photos and videos wirelessly.