A lot of people say that there’s not enough good content in VR. Samsung wants to change that.
In what may be the largest prize pool thus far for 360 videos, Samsung is offering more than $100,000
in prizes in its Samsung Creators contest. There are 10 categories: Sport, Travel, Gaming, Music, Culinary, Fashion, Auto, Science & Tech, 4D Experience (“break the fourth wall”), and Causes. For each category 3 entries will be selected as finalists aka “shortlist” (30 finalists in all).
Each finalist will be given airfare and hotel to attend an awards event in New York, NY, on October 27-28, 2016. Each finalist will also be invited to a 1 day educational VR masterclass. Of the finalists, one grand prize winner will be chosen for each genre (10 grand prize winners in all), and each grand prize winner will receive $10,000.
The deadline for submission of entries is September 30, 2016, except for the Causes category. For Causes, the deadline for submission is August 31, 2016.
Here are the steps for joining the contest:
1. Go to www.samsungcreators.com
and click on the email link at the bottom to email email@example.com
expressing your interest in participating, with a link to any social or video content you may have created already (e.g. your YouTube or Vimeo channel, Instagram and Twitter).
2. Capture a 360-degree video with any device (not necessarily Samsung Gear 360) in one of the 10 categories.
4. Include the tag #CreatorsAwards01 within the description.
5. Including one more tag within the description for the category you’re submitting:
6. To be eligible to win, you must attend the awards event and the masterclass. Otherwise, you’ll forfeit your prize.
You can submit any number of entries but you only one entry per person can be a finalist.
See the Official rules here.