In case you missed it, I launched the Ultimate 360 Camera Comparison Page last week, making it possible to make side-by-side comparisons of sample photos and videos from any of twenty-three 360 cameras. In this video, I show some of the ways in which you can use the 360 Camera Comparison page.
Here is the video:
As I noted in the video, the scene for the sample photos and videos was chosen carefully to enable you to test several characteristics:
– sharpness at the center of the lens, both for high contrast and low contrast targets, and both near and far objects. Note that because the wall consists of standard size blocks (around 16 inches), you can how far away an object will be before it loses too much detail.
– sharpness toward the stitch line
– stitching quality
– dynamic range (both highlight range and shadow range)
– chromatic aberration / purple fringing near the stitch line
– flare resistance
– for some cameras, I was able to include a color chart.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know in the comments! Thank you very much!