Which are the most popular 360 cameras based on sales?
I don’t have sales figures for the industry. However, we can determine popularity based on sales rank on Amazon (of course, there are some 360 cameras that are not sold on Amazon and aren’t represented in this chart). Here are the most popular 360 cameras based on Amazon sales rank.
(Note: Insta360 Nano and Samsung Gear 360 have two separate item numbers. Their ranking based on combined sales is unknown. Note also that Insta360 Air ($129; reviewed here) was just released and is not represented here yet.)
10. Kodak SP360* ($230). Rank: #14,409.
*360fly and Kodak SP360 are hemispherical 360 cameras.
I’m surprised by the ranking of the Gear 360, which I thought would rank higher. I did search for different listings and model numbers, but this is what I found.
Note that the rankings change by country. In Canada, the ranking is as follows (Canadian ranking numbers shown; prices in USD):
1. Ricoh Theta S ($299 street) (#385)
2. Samsung Gear 360 ($250 street) (#592 and #1,083)
3. Ricoh Theta m15 – pink ($200 to $250) (#3,577)
4. Insta360 Nano ($199) (#4,763)
5. Kodak SP360 4k Dual Pro ($630 street) (#14,298)
6. LG 360 Cam ($129 street) (#14,952)