Adobe Premiere CC 2019 is probably the best video editor for editing VR180 and 360 videos. However, I found out that as of March 2019, there are bugs that could lead to disastrous results.
Yesterday, I edited an Insta360 Evo VR180 video in Adobe Premiere. The rendered file was 5760 x 2880, h.264, 150mpbs VBR, equirectangular, stereo SBS 180 vertical, 180 horizontal. When I uploaded it to Youtube, the video correctly appeared as a VR180 video, but YouTube would only show a resolution of up to 1440p. Here is the previous video, capped at 1440p:
At first, I thought the processing was just delayed. But after a while, it became clear that YouTube would never show it at its full resolution. Because of the lower resolution, a lot of people hit the dislike button. After all, in the video I stated it was 5.7K and it was not. It was an embarrassment.
I tried reuploading several times, changing bitrates, etc. Each time it would be limited to 1440p. I suspected there was an issue with the metadata. I tried running the Premiere-edited files through the Google VR180 metadata injector tool and uploaded it. This time, YouTube recognized the file correctly as 5.7K / 2880p.
Here is the new version at 5.7K:
To be fair, other people have been able to upload VR180 at full 5.7K resolution from Premiere, using the exact same workflow. And I assume Adobe will issue an update that will fix this problem. For now, it is safer to run the video through the Google VR180 tool before uploading to YouTube.