How would you like a standalone video conferencing camera that can track subjects in 360 degrees for Zoom, Skype, or other popular video conferencing apps? Here are the key features of the Kandao Meeting Pro.
COVID-19 has dramatically changed the way many of us work, learn, shop and even meet. A year ago, no one would have imagined that many of us would be working from home or that many children would be learning through video conferencing. Although we can hope that the pandemic will eventually be controlled, some of these changes may persist.
Kandao Meeting Pro is a standalone video conferencing 360 camera with advanced features such as being able to track multiple subjects automatically in 360 degrees. It’s an upgraded version of the Kandao Meeting video conferencing camera, which was launched in August 2019 and has since been used in many universities and businesses around the world. With an even greater need now for video conferencing, Meeting Pro builds on its predecessor’s success with new features that could make it one of the best video conferencing cameras.
Conventional video conferencing cameras rely on only one lens. Kandao Meeting Pro uses two fisheye lenses to capture the view in 360 degrees like a 360 camera but with two important differences. First, rather than using a desktop or phone app to stitch the videos, it stitches the video in-camera and in realtime. Second, instead of showing a 360 degree video, Meeting Pro uses AI to identify subjects and shows the subject as a non-360 video in 1080p or 720p.
Kandao Meeting Pro Specifications and Features
|Kandao Meeting Pro
|Two 220-degree fisheye lenses
|Two 220-degree fisheye lenses
|Resolution per lens
|4000 x 3000
|Stitched video resolution
|1920 x 1080 @ 30fps or 1280 x 720 @ 30fps
|1920 x 1080 @30fps
|H.264 or MJPEG
|Microphone and speaker range
|5.5 meters radius
|4 meters radius
|126mm x 285mm
Here are the key features of the Kandao Meeting Pro.
- Standalone use. The biggest improvement over the Kandao Meeting is that Meeting Pro can be used as a standalone video conferencing camera. It can be used without a PC or phone because it runs on Android and can run video conferencing software.
- Compatibility. Meeting Pro works with popular video conferencing software including Zoom, Skype, Cisco Webex, Slack, and GoToMeeting. Because it uses Android, it can potentially be used for any Android-compatible video conferencing app.
- Ease of use. Simply connect Meeting Pro via HDMI to a TV or monitor and use the optional remote control to navigate through the menu. You can connect to your home or office Wi-Fi network and launch your preferred video conferencing app. Alternatively, you can connect the Meeting Pro to your laptop via a USB Type C cable and use it for video conferencing the same way as you would any other webcam.
- 360-degree AI subject tracking. Meeting Pro uses AI to track multiple subjects and can switch the view to whomever is the speaker.
- Multiple modes. Meeting Pro has multiple display modes depending on whether it is being used for a presentation, video conference or other purpose. There is also a custom mode that lets you design the ideal view for your usage.
- Omnidirectional microphone and speaker. Meeting Pro uses echo cancellation, noise reduction, and beam forming so that it can record and be heard by participants as far away as 5.5 meters radius.
- Portability. Meeting Pro is much more portable than Kandao Meeting or most other video conferencing cameras. It can readily fit in a laptop bag or a handbag. It’s also light at only 400 grams. It’s easy to take on business trips even when you don’t plan to have check-in luggage.
- Record the video conference. You can simultaneously record the video conference on a Micro SD card, in MP4 format (H.264) or MJPEG (motion JPEG).
Kandao Meeting Pro supports several types of connections:
- 5G and 2.4G Wi-Fi for establishing a wireless internet connection.
- HDMI to connect to TVs and monitors.
- USB Type C for connecting to a PC (as an option).
- USB Type A to connect to external devices such as a keyboard or mouse.
- 100mbps RJ45 ethernet port for a more reliable internet connection.
- Bluetooth 4.1 for connecting to its remote control accessory.
Price and availability
Kandao Meeting Pro is available from Kandao for $899 and will start shipping on January 8, 2021.