I just got my order of the Insta360 Go 2 Minions Edition (previewed here)! Heres’ the unboxing video and 10 interesting details.
Here are some of the details of the Minions Edition:
- The commemorative box has custom Minions graphics created by Illumination.
- The box has subtle glossy stripes that aren’t present on the regular Insta360 Go 2 box.
- The box has seven full color panels (one on the bottom of the box) showing the Minions demonstrating the camera’s features with their own Minions Edition camera.
- The Minions Edition camera in each panel is slightly embossed and has a glossy finish that makes it pop out in each scene.
- The custom design of the camera is not merely paint, or a sticker, or a skin but rather indelibly baked into the body of the camera.
- The charge case’s design is also part of the plastic itself and cannot be removed — including the “eye” design on the side.
- The camera’s lens protector has a chrome finish to match the Minions’ goggles.
- The clip accessory is black instead of the standard version’s white.
- There is a cheat sheet card that summarizes the controls. My Go 2 regular version didn’t include that card.
- The pendant is identical to the one in the standard version. It would have been nice if that was customized as well.
You can get the Minions Edition with a free Insta360 Go 2 case and free extra lens protector with my affiliate link.